Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas at Sheng-Kung Girls High School 2007





It is the third year that I have been teaching at Sheng-Kung Girls High School. Also, this is my third year of celebrating Christmas in Taiwan.

I cannot believe, it is like happen yesterday that I am in MN. Times goes so fast, three years ago, I returned back to Taiwan. Unfortunately, I could not feel Xmas here. Xmas is not a national holiday here, so we cannot even have our day off.

Fortunately, my school has decorated Xmas things. I could feel Xmas at my school only. Uniquely, Christmas this year is very unique. I can see a lot of decorations at my school. The Each years decoration is so different. I am very proud of people who did it all the decorations up. In the evening, when everybody are home, lights will turned up. It is like little colorful stars in the garden.

Surprisingly, all the nuns from my school who had been all over the world returned back to Taiwan. It is 100th anniversary of nuns confederation. So that's why my school is very beautiful not only I can see colorful building but also colorful gardens. I could see all greens and red or , yellow, green and other colors of flowers. It is so amazing to see all the beauty in this year in this season.

The Xmas program at my school is not too bad. Some teachers performed the skit entitled, "The birth of Jesus Christ." Some students who are not catholic, they could understand through the skit, the meaning of Xmas. Also, the father from our school gave us a very short mass. It was a great understanding the love giving to others.

Overall, I really enjoyed Xmas program today, this also means that I did not have class on the last two periods (7th and 8th). I can go home early.

More Pictures