Wednesday, December 19, 2007

X'mas Party with J1F& J1H






Christmas is coming, unfortunately, Taiwan do not celebrate Christmas or even we do not have Christmas day off. During my Xmas's lesson, I had a nice surprise for the students here in Taiwan. I introduced them the meaning of Christmas and how do people celebrate it.

Even Christmas is not a national holiday, I want them to learn what is the meaning of Xmas and how do people celebrate in this special day.

First, I told them the birth of Jesus Christ and when he was born. When families gather together for a big meal, what do they eat? I introduced them very traditional food in Xmas for my students.

The day after Xmas is a boxing day in USA. I introduced them about it and students liked the idea of shopping in a lower price. Unfortunately, Taiwan do not have it. I think boxing day is getting more popular in western countries.

Also, in my class, we had play the game secret friend. I divided students into small groups, that they need to exchange presents on the Xmas day. Also, they need to bring food to share with others.

Students got so excited about it and they really had fun, but the most important is that they learned the meaning of Xmas.


More Pictures