Monday, April 23, 2007

Teaching Contract

Today, it is another ordinarily day for me. I was busy at computer room creating my second listening test. A lot of people want to talk to me. The principal send her secretary to tell me that my principal wants to see me this morning at 4th period. I said okay, I will be there.

After I finished responding to her, I was so nervous. I went to my J1A class. I did not know what to do, I did not even teach anything, my head at that time was very nervous. I did not know what the principal wants. I did not know what she is going to tell me. I did not know anything.

After the class was over, I went up right away, but my heart was very nervous. I entered to the Principal's room, the principal asked me to wait a little while, because the other teacher is in the room talking to her.

When the conversation was over, the principal asked me to enter to her room. At that time, I said good morning principal, what did I do wrong? She said don't worry, you did not do anything wrong. At that time, I was more relaxed and concentrating what she wants to tell me. The conversation was taking longer and longer and the point is that principal wants me to sign one year contract. I said that's great!

After going back to my office, I was more relaxed, but I still thinking the conversation between me and the principal. I think the principal cares about the teachers at her school. I am very lucky to be there.

I really thankful to this principal because she gave me an opportunity to teach here at her school. That will be my third year of teaching in Taiwan. Even there's a lot of work at this school, I still enjoy to be there.