Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Judge Speaker

I could not even sleep yesterday, because today, I am a judge speaker at Sheng-Kung Girls high school for English Drama competition. I was so nervous, I could not even talk it is a lot of pressure on me.

When English drama started, I was enjoying each classes' performance. I was so concentrating on the students and their acting. Also, I was afraid if my comments will help them later on or not.

When their performance was finished, it is time for me to go up and talk what I was thinking about their drama. I did not know how should I start. I did not know how I have to do it. At that time, my mind was empty, I wrote many things but still worried about structure and grammar and many other things.

I also did not know which language I should start with. Finally, I started with English and I did not change all the way on my speech. I talked about advantage things and disadvantage things of their performances.

Advantage:
  • Natural actress
  • Good performance
  • Public enjoyed
  • They made fun of it
  • They made people laugh
  • English pronunciation is excellent
  • Acting is very natural from class to class
  • They get into acting
  • They knew their lines very well
  • They are like real life characters
  • They put a lot of feelings into their characters
  • Timing is perfect
  • Very cool pictures and clothing
  • Perfect team work
  • Great music and dance
  • Open and close introduction for J2A
  • The ending fit into their play (J2I)
  • They are very creative

Disadvantage:

  • Voice should be louder
  • No background scenery
  • Show signs slowly not quickly
  • Some endings are ambiguous, it should add something else
  • Some students should speak slowly and clearly
  • Song has to be uniformed. For example, if one member of that group is singing one song the others cannot be singing different song.
  • Dance should be uniformed. For example, the member of the group has to decide which foot they will start first and which one should they start second and so on.

Overall, I really enjoyed 10 plays, one for each class. This year's English drama competition is much better than last year's drama. All of the actresses put a lot of effort, feeling into their plays. I really enjoyed their performance even I was very nervous at that time. Congratulations to all Junior Twos at Sheng-Kung Girls High School.