Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Food!




This Sunday morning, Alan and I cleaned the house. After cleanning our house, we went to buy some vegetables to make Chinese Kimchi (泡菜) with cabbage. We went to Matow (麻豆) market. I did not know the vegetables were so cheap. One cabbage was only 10 NT dollars, carrots were 2 NT dollars each, and eggplants were 8 NT dollars a piece. I bought a lot of vegetables for less than 100 NTdollars. After shopping for vegetables, I was so happy to be able to save a lot of money. In my way home, I saw some fruits. Fruits are vere cheap too. Raxapples were 100 NT dollars for one full bag. David and I love raxapples, too. We can finish it in two days. That was a great buying weekend.

At home, I stared to prepare for lunch, I cooked hand made noodles (拉麵) with spinach, mashrooms and cabbage with some meat. Alan likes to eat my noodles. After we ate our lunch, Alan went to take nap and I started to prepare for the Chinese Kimchi (泡菜). I cut all the vegetales that I needed and I put them into one place. When cabbages are a little bit soft, I started to combine it with carrots, green onions, garlic, sugar and white vinegar. After two days (3-29, 2006) I can start to eat it. I am hopping it will be good. I know it is good with fry tofu.