Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Testing

Alan, my poor baby has a midterm test last week (3-15th - 17th 2006), this week ( 3-20th to 24th 2006) and it will end next week (3-27th to 28th 2006). During these weeks, I was studying with him. We studied Chinese, math, English, English reading, phonics, spelling, and science. Alan is in the first grade bilingual class (一年仁班) at a public CATHOLIC PAO-JEN PRIMARY SCHOOL (寶仁 ) and it has so many tests over there which makes me very tired. I am not his classmate but I am teaching him how to do and study for the test, it requires a lot of time. Since then, I felt a lot of pressure. What is going on here... who should be feeling presured? Alan should be feeling pressure but not me; however, I want him to do well in his all tests. During the testing time, I could not sleep well, I had nightmires, I am afriad that he is going to fail, but thanks to his effort, he remembers what I told him.

Test after test, study after study, grades after grades, I thought Alan could do better in his tests; however, the result of the test is not what I expected (80 to 90s). I was so mad and angry at him ( I mad at him all the time). At the same time, I was worrying about him. I can accept whatever grades he is earning because he works so hard and he uses his efforts. Education here in Taiwan is very intense, esepcially public schools. School are so competitive, I know that in the future if we study more, Alan will get much better. I am hopping he can get 90 - 100 next time.