Friday, December 19, 2008

2008 Enters International Conferene

2008 Enters International Conference on ICT Assisted Cross-Cultural Learning and Application Project for Elemntary and Jinuor High Schools. Today teacher Mao and I went to the Enters 2008 conference. This conference was very special because it was all spoken in English. I really enjoyed listening to each speaker. Each speaker was so special and they shared a lot of knowledge and experience with us.

I've been to other conferences in USA. This is the first time for me to go to a conference in Taiwan and represent my school Sheng-Kung. I felt very important members as part of this project.

The conference is held at Dominic Catholic High School in Kaohsiung city. The Conference room is really big. A lot of people are setting up computers for the conference.

Each of us will got our name tags like this. It will show up our personal information, which school, and the name of the participant. This name tag is very valuable for me and a good gift for the conference.

The conference coordinator is introducing people on the panel. He did a great introduction about everyone. I really enjoyed listening to his introduction.

A lot of people attended to the conference. Teacher Mao and I sat separately. He was seating in front of the conference room, while I was seating in the middle of the conference room. Both of us enjoyed the presentations, even for teacher Mao is very difficult because of English.

I admire teacher Mao a lot because he with his little English, he could guide us in this project and attend the conference.
Dr. Dr. Bruce Shapiro is the first presenter of the conference. He is showing us how to make a video and it can be one tool of fun into our teaching curriculum.

The second speaker is Ms. Lesley Signal. She is the one who we are working with on the project. She is from New Zealand, she talked about gifted and talented students at her school. Also, she said Information Communication Technology (ICT) is very important part in our education. She gave us examples on how ICT is so important in the classroom.
The third speaker is a professor from Hong Kong, Dr. Allan Yuen. He did a wonderful and clear speech how classroom changed from time to time. I really like the way he shared the case studies with us.

Overall, this conference is meaningful and valuable to all of us in this project. I think this is kind of guidance on how we can do this project. A lot of learning and sharing among speakers. I think this was wonderful. Thank you to all of you for a wonderful work.