Sunday, January 20, 2008

Arriving to Dallas

Unbelievable, we left January 19th 2008 and we arrived to Dallas, USA January 19th, 2008.

After 11 hours and 33 minutes on the airplane, finally, we arrived to Dallas. It was a hard trip, Alan could sleep very well on the plane. I could not even sleep because I was taking care of Alan. I was afraid that Alan will hit somebody in front of him or next to him. fortunately, he did not kick a lot during his sleep. He was also dreaming and saying something that people next to him were laughing.

When we arrived to Dallas, we had to pass immigration. It was a lot of people. The immigration that I had wanted to see many of my papers and return tickets. He thought that I was going to stay here in USA. I do not want to stay here illegally. I have my job, I must go back to Taiwan.

The immigration also asked me why Alan became an American citizen. I explained to him and he did not say anything after that.

After 29 minutes talking to the immigration officer and he took pictures and finger printing, he finally made us to go. Now, going to the USA is complicated. They are afraid that we are going to be there illegally o being criminals. I do not know what immigration officer was thinking. I thought that is ridiculous.

We went to take our luggage right away, and we transfer our luggage to Killeen. I found people in Texas are not even polite. I was in MN, I found people over there are politer than Texas. They ignored minorities. I felt they are racists. They saw me as Asian person and I did not know how to transfer my luggage to Killeen, they saw me that I have questions and they just ignored me. They were asking people behind me. This is one of the examples of racism at the Dallas airport.

After transferring the luggage, we had to pass again to the security. We had to take out everything. We had to take out shoes, jackets, computers and more. It was so complicated. We did not have a lot of time. We arrived at 4:45PM and our plane is at 5:30. 2o minutes with immigration officer and 30 minutes waiting for the security, I did not have time to catch another plane. I was worried.

After passing the security, we had to take a train to go to terminal B. It was kind of far. We had to run. Fortunately, we were not only ones late. Other two people were arriving 5 minutes later than us. Alan says mommy we made it.

We were in a hurry, no time to take pictures at Dallas airport.