Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sydney Morning Herald

Last night when I drove back home, I heard on the news that Sydney, Australia had a big windy with a lot of sands, in other words they have a dust storm. Some reporters call it the "Life on Mars." At that time, I really wanted to go home and trun on my tv and see what is going on. I could not even picture in my mind when news casts were saying about Sydney.

When I saw thismorning on the paper, poor Sydney, how people can go out and do groceries. People have to inside of their houses.

Here is the report from CNN

I awoke at 6:05 to a intense bright orange hue coming through the blinds in my bedroom. I starting taking photographs immediately. The air was thick with dust and the winds severe, it was like the apocalypse has arrived on Sydneys doorstep. You could not see more than 15 metres at 6:05am, by 7:15 the deep red tangerine hue of the storm had lifted to a more subtle orange and by 3pm the storm had passed, leaving crystal clear skies. A extensive layer of dust was deposited across Sydney, both inside and outside homes. The red dirt from our country's great red centre now lies coated within the woodwork and will remain for years to come.

A day never to forget

All photos were taken at Bondi Beach, Ben Buckler point, New South Wales, Australia from 6:05am to 8am on the 23rd September 2009.