Monday, September 07, 2009

Amniotic Fluid Test

I am now 16 weeks of pregnancy. The doctor suggests me to have amniotic fluid test. This test will help me to know if my baby is OK or not. I really want to do this test is because I took so many pills during pregnancy. I did not even know I was pregnant, so I took some loosing weight pills, acne pills and constipation pills.

I do not know these things are right for the baby or not. For my security and for the baby health, I need to check if I am OK.

The doctor also suggests me that because I am older now, it is good for me to take this test. The problem is that the insurance company in Taiwan do not pay for this fees. I have to pay it myself.

We have schedule on Monday morning. I could not even sleep on Sunday night. I was awake and waiting for the test.

On Monday morning at 9:15, I went to see the nurse. The nurse told me to wait a little bit, she needs to prepare things that they need for the test. She told me to pull up my clothing that I can just show my tummy. After that when the doctor came, he saw the baby in ultrasound. He as finding a good position, so he could inject the needles.

The doctor wanted to inject from baby's legs. I do not know if it is secure or not. I asked him so many questions. After that, we were so lucky, baby moved to another place so the doctor could inject form the empty part.

First, the doctor was cleaning my tummy to prevent to have infections. After that he checked again the position of the baby and after that he injected the needles inside.

the doctor took 20 cc form my amniotic fluid. The color of the fluid is kind of yellow like picture below.

The test took not even 5 minutes to finish. After finish the test, the doctor put and bandaged on my tummy.

I have to wait for 2 to 3 weeks to know the results of the test. The cost of the test is between $6,000 to $8,000 NT dollars. I am hopping everything will be OK.

The nurse also suggests that after the test, I have to lie down and I cannot talk, walk and carry heavy things.