Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Trip to Tainan

I came to work this morning and surprisingly, I answered the phone, it was the dean of the library who wants to talk to our dean (English department), Camille. The dean of the library wants to bring us to see the famous traditional streets here in Tainan. We all accepted her invitation. Three out of five English conversation teachers went over there: Selma, James and myself.

Thew first stop, we went to the very famous noodle shop. I never been there, this was my first time over there. My husband knows the place and he said the noodle shop was already 100 years old. The story behind the noodle shop was quiet of interesting. I learned a lot by eating and looking around the streets.

The second stop we went was the fruit shop, this shop is already 40 years in business. In front of fruit shop, there's a famous temple, it called Confucius Temple. Confucius was a very famous Asian educator. He is very well known in Asia. Also, Taiwanese schools, we all have the Confucius education system. I would like to go to the temple and know more about the story of it.

The third stop was the meat ball. It is closer to the fruit shop. It is very famous meat ball in Tainan, the shop is already in business for 60 years. The meat inside of the meat ball, it is the lean meat, not very fatty. I really like the meat but I did not like the outside skin, it is a little bit strange.

The last stop, was the very famous little old traditional street in Tainan. It is closer to the Shing-Kong Department Store, the biggest one in Tainan city. The street is very old and well-known for many people. I did not know about this street before, I learned from the tour guides.

We have very young cute tour guides. One is the daughter of the dean and another one is the boyfriend of hers. These young couple came to introduce us about the Tainan city.

After eating and knowing more about the history, I really enjoyed today's trip. I wish, I could know more about traditional things that this city offers.