Saturday, July 14, 2007

Walking to the Market

Today, my parents -in-law and my husband David went to Taipei. My in-law parents will attend to the wedding lunch and David will go to work. Alan and I stayed at home. Alan wanted to go out but we did not have transportation. My father-in-law rode his scooter to the train station and David drove my car to work. Alan and I do not have anything. I am afraid of borrowing car or scooter to the neighbors. We have only legs left. We thought we could walk to the market in a hot sunny day.

Alan and I decided to do it. Alan says it is not too far. In car it will take 10 minute drive to the market, but walking took us 40 minutes without taking a rest. We were so hot and thirsty. After walking for 5 minutes already, my cloth is so wet. We decided to stop at 7-11 to buy some drink and have ice cream.

After taking 10 minutes break, we finally walked another 10 minutes to be at the market. When we arrived there, we started to see what is good to buy and what do we want. Alan wanted a shoes, so I bought shoes for him. It is cheaper than Taipei or Hong-Kong. After buying what Alan wanted, we have to walk home.

At this time, Alan suggested that we could take a taxi and be at home sooner. I told Alan it is okay but we need to find a taxi. While we were waiting for the taxi, we walked a little by little. But unfortunately, there's no taxi for us. We have to walk up the mountain. Our house is on the top of the mountain. It was easier for us to get down buy difficult for us to get up.

When we arrived home, we went to take cold shower right away. Alan took shower first after me. After that, we went to watch T.V. and drink cold drinks. Alan and I took a nap for a while.

After I woke up, my in-law parents came back home. They were so hot and tired. They said that they were so glad that we did not go with them. We were stayed cool and watch T.V. but they did not know that we went to the market.