Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Grandmom's House

This is my grandma, she is 85 years old now, the lady behind her is my grandma's sister. She usually come and see my grandma and stay with her for a few days.

Every year, during Tomb Sweeping day, all Taiwanese people will prepare spring rolls. This spring rolls has everything inside, vegetables, meat, noodles and more. Since my aunt came back from America, Texas, she cannot even wait for Tomb Sweeping day to be able to eat Spring Rolls. Grandma made a special dish for her. My grandma always prepare a lot of dishes in a big table.
Soup is essential for her at the table. Every meal should have a soup.
This is the skin for the spring rolls. It is very thin and very delicious. Chinese restaurants in USA usually they fried them. So it will have fried spring rolls. The fried spring rolls cannot never seen in Taiwan.
The cabbage is very important here in this meal.
Also tofu is essential also.
Bamboo is another important dish in this complicated meal. To have a little bit of color, we usually have carrots. This is stew pork. It is very tender and delicious. This is noodles. In case of people want to eat noodles instead of rice. I like this kind of noodles. It is very delicious. Alan likes this kind of noodles, too.
It will take forever to be able to cook all the meals like this. I am very happy to be able to enjoy the meal with my aunt who came back from Texas.