Saturday, October 13, 2007

Aping Fort

Fortunately, today both of us did not need to go to school or the drawing class. Alan and I could spend time alone. We did not have this kind of chance before to get together and walk around the city. We are always busy or going from one cram school to another. We never walk around the city or look around what is popular in Tainan.

This situation happened to me when I was in the United States of America, I never had time to go skiing or traveling around to another States. I was thinking now, why I did not travel around the places that I lived before. I had a lot of chance to look around but I did not, I was so busy with school wok and be able to graduate soon. That's was my goal at that time. Now, I regret it.

Now, I came back to Taiwan, and whenever I have time, I want to look around what is in Tainan. I could try to eat traditional food around here. I think that is life.

Today, Alan and I are going to Anping. Our goal is reaching to Aping Fort. Alan is stusying about Anping Fort at school, he wants to see the place and the military officer over there.

We never been to Anping before. When we reached to Anping city, we really like it. We like the buildings and the houses around here. Each street is very unique and pretty. It is like Kao-Shion, the third biggest city in Taiwan.

The weather is very hot, even it is very hot, we walked around and enjoyed the time together. Also, near Anping Fort, a traditional house was introducing us about "Holland Day." Alan and I went there and we really enjoyed to see traditional things and food that Holland could offer to everyone.

After Hooladn place, we went to have lunch near Anping Fort. The streets over there are very old streets with very old houses near by. We went to look around what are the stores that these streets have. We found food, food and food. Also we found traditional toys from long time ago. Things over there are not cheap, but I think a bowl of noodles is 10 dollars more compared to Tainan city.

Finally, we reached to Anping Fort. Alan was so excited, he wanted to take a lot of pictures. He was telling me what he learned from his school. I think this trip is very meaningful. He could practice what he had learned into the real life experience.

Next time, when Alan and I have time, we want to go to Confusious Templo here in Tainan. It is also good for Alan to learn all these historical places.

By the way, Tainan is very famous for these historical places, templos and sites that any tourist or even Taiwanse would like to see.