Monday, June 05, 2006

CARLA Summer Institute

The Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition (CARLA) is one of the U.S. Department of Education's Title VI National Language Resource Centers, whose role is to improve the nation's capacity to teach and learn foreign languages effectively. (CARLA)

Also, it is an institution for ESL teachers who wants to improve or share their teaching styles. Every year all people from all oer the places go over to Minnesota, St. Paul. It is held by the University of Minnesota. They have three kinds of programs: research and program, professional development and resources. I am going to attend professional development for teachers. This program offeres only summer and it will have a lot of semminars and conferences.

I heard nice programs over there. This summer it is too late for me to get registered, but next summer, Iwill register a little bit earlier and I will go over there and get some knowledgeof teaching and how to improve my own teaching, too.

I am so excited too because Alan can go with me and he can attend Montessory School. I really like Montessory School, Alan strted over there with non-English and now his English is pretty good, thank you for wonderful teachers over there. I am planning ot get Alan into summer program next year. For this, I need ot talk to Rebecca, the principal of the school.