Monday, June 05, 2006

Resume Tips

I always got e-mail from the Pongo Resume and they provide wonderful tips for writing a nice resume.The following are tips for a good resume for a job hunt!

1: Be Ready
Q: Will my resume be available online whenever I need it?
A: Yes, you never know when you will need your resume. Your resume is always ready, always secure and always private. Your resume is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Timing is everything! You have the tools to stay ahead of the competition. Anywhere, anytime, you can print, e-mail, post, or fax your resume. Your resume can be sent electronically to anywhere on the Planet.

2: Test Yourself
Q: How do I know if I need to have my resume professionally written?
A: Test your knowledge of Job Market & Industry Specific Realities. Job market realities and industry-specific dynamics change constantly and affect your job search results. Most people are unaware of current job market realities that often dictate different resume strategies for format, resume heading sequence, length, keywords and sentence structure. Our resume writers are all skilled writing professionals and proofreaders with industry-specific knowledge, who can rapidly produce a winning resume for you. They're effective writers who understand different resume formats and know current job market realities. They will give your resume the professional look and edge your career deserves.

3: Write A Concise Resume
Q: I have updated my resume over the years and now it is five pages long. Is this too long?
A: Your resume should be 1 to 2 pages long, depending on your experience. Nobody wants to read a novel of your job experience. Since employers only give your resume less than a minute, you must make your best case in a quick and easy manner. Use your resume as a tool to get your foot in the door, then you can expand on your positive attributes in the interview as a result of your concise, yet impressive resume.

4: Stay Organized
Q: I customize my resume for each position I pursue. Now I have multiple versions of my resume and can no longer keep track of what version I've sent to which company. How do I get and stay organized.
A: Customizing and targeting your resume for each position increases your chances of getting that important interview. The problem is keeping track of all your job search activity and which resume version was submitted to which company, to whom and when. Our software keeps track of multiple resume versions and tracks all your job search activity automatically. You can even schedule the system to alert you to follow up after you submit the resume.

These above tips are provided by
Rodney Capron, Jr.
President/CEO Pongo Software, LLC