Monday, December 14, 2009

Red Envelops


Friday night, I went to Taichung to see my grand mom. A lot of people gave me a red envelop with money. My aunt made 5 set of flowers for me. I like roses, sun flowers, and Chinese orchids. I love these kinds of flowers.

In a Chinese tradition, when people are moving to a new house, family members or friends will give to the house owner a red envelop. The amount of money is depends on the owner. My grand mom gave me $20.000 thousand NT dollars. My big uncle gave me also $20.000 thousand NT dollars. My two great aunts gave me $3.600 NT dollars. My mom will give me $55.000 thousand NT dollars for the sofa.

A lot of money spending on the new house. I did not know buying a new house, we need to spend a lot of money.

Thanks to family members who gave us red envelops, we really appreciate your kindness.