Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Two Periods of Abacus

Tonight, Alan has two hours of abacus at his cram school. This Friday, I will be the patrol control at my school, so next week, Alan won't be able to go to the cram school. After the class was over, Alan was so tired. He told me that he worked so hard and he got everything right. I should be proud of him.

Education here in Taiwan is so busy. Elementary school children go to school from 7:30 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. and for junior high and senior high, have to be at school from 7:30 A.M. to 5:05 for Junior and Senior until 5:15 P.M. These study or teaching hours compares to USA, students will have more freedom.

After Alan comes back home, he is tired. When he finished his homework, we had to go to sleep. No time for him to play or read a book. Children in Taiwan are very busy. When two periods (four hours) of abacus, Alan is already exhausted. My poor Alan studies so hard.