Saturday, March 03, 2007

kaohsiung Lantern Festival 2007




Tonight, we went to kaohsiung (高雄) to see lantern festival (燈會). We left from shigang (西港) at 7 P.M. David just came back from work and he brought us over there. When we arrived to kaohsiung, it was already 8 something P.M. Alan and I had school on Saturday, but Alan was not tired. I was so tired already. David went to buy a memory card for his computer. But he was not lucky enough because the memory card that he wants to buy did not have in Taiwan.
After that, we went to buy battery for our phone. It is very cheap in that computer shop compared to other places. Other places will be double or triple price.

I was so hungry but the time we bought battery. The next stop we went to Cosco. It is my favorite place to see and buy things. I did not plan to buy anything like all the time, but I turned out buying 4 thousand something in food and home use. I was shocked.

After shopping at Cosco, we went to eat at Ko-ri-ya Restaurant (可利亞). We like Ko ri ya because it is good food bonanza, you can eat everything you want. they have form hot pot to BBQ. Alan loved to go there because he can pick up what he wants to eat and drink. It is fun to eat over there and waitresses are very nice and polite.

Finally we went to the lantern festival at 12 P.M. we are unlucky because at the same we finish eating and done shopping, the lanterns do not have more lights. The place were too dark, but there's still many people over there. I like the lantern that different schools in kaohsiung made it. They are amazing. Alan really enjoyed watching at the lanterns, he said he likes this and that.

This is our second year that we made to see lantern in kaohsiung but we were unlucky because two years, two times that we went to see the lights were not ready or they shot off already. I just watch from TV but I cannot take any pictures. I love to take pictures but I cannot.